Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thing #23

Finally...finished!! This has been a very beneficial online course. I have learned so much about Web 2.0 tools and had "assignments" that actually made me put them into practice...so I got real time experience. I see so many possibilities! I have told our tech director about each lesson and he plans to incorporate many of them into his tech summer school for middle schoolers. I plan to develop some sample lessons to introduce to teachers to encourage them to incorporate into lesson plans to enhance student learning.

My frustration with the ability to do several things has convinced me to investigate getting high-speed internet at home. Living in the country, however, does not make it readily available. If the technology had worked when I needed it to work it would have been a less frustrating experience.

Which brings me to the last hurdle...I really did do the online survey and tried 3 times to "submit vote"...but alas, it wouldn't go through either...sigh :( Just know that you got high marks and I included all the comments here. Thanks for the experience!

P.S...to address the questions:
1. Favorites: the ones that worked...widgets, avatars, blogging, and photo story 3.
2. Even though videos were impossible to watch at home, I discovered some wonderful Web 2.0 tutorials I watched at school. Now if I want to learn anything...just search for a video tutorial!
3. Surprises: Blogging is SOOO easy. I want to convert this one now to my library blog. The Forum is the name of our library...our mascot is the gladiaor.
4. I realize some of the best tutorials were in the videos, but when I couldn't see the video for a couple of lessons, I was totally lost. Perhaps make sure that the explanation is in more than one format.
5. I would love to participate!
6. Eye-opening (to a whole new experience I don't know was available on the web)
7. I'll try...What I want to see now is some suggestions on how others have used these tools to incorporate in lessons. Any suggestions on where to look?

No comments: