Friday, July 10, 2009

Thing #1 -- Library 2 Play 2

Common Craft is one of my favorite online video tutorial sites because it is so simplistic. (As a matter of fact, before I opened Thing #1, I had just sent the Common Craft web site along with both Library2Play sites to 3 other teachers to use!) It is a perfect way to open the door for discussion on using online technology tools.

I agree that the 21st century student needs to be tech savvy to succeed, and I also believe that same student is probably more tech savvy than me! The key is to channel that expertise that he already possesses into the education field and show him/her how it can apply to life after school in meaningful ways. On the way, we can teach each other!

And most definitely...the librarian can play the role of teacher, whether tutoring the student on library computers one on one or co-teaching a lesson with a classroom teacher in the lab.

1 comment:

VWB said...

you may notice your avatar is hiding...everyone's is that is in html format...go back, save it as a picture (jpg) and save it to your blog in a picture GADGET

welcome back...glad you are joining us at the beach!