Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Thing #13

I created a del.icio.us account and practiced searching for topics using common tags and then saving them and creating my own tags. I did this with sites about Civil War battlefields that I want our 8th grade social studies teacher to use for students to create a photo story 3 of one of the battlefields as a documentary type project. I envision creating a separate del.icio.us site for my high school. There I'd like to create folders for each different project and store the web sites to use in each. I couldn't figure out how to create a folder and move the web sites into the folder to make it easy for students to locate. Any help on uncluttering the favorites page? I tried creating a CivilWar bundle and did a search in your favorites for civil_war and all the ones I tagged were then listed, but the page is still cluttered with all the favorites on the original page. Students then could search for more del.icio.us sites on the specific battlefield using that name as a specific search tag. I prefer using ikeepbookmarks for my own personal bookmarking site. It is easy to use and I keep it as my homepage.

No comments: