Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thing #18

I started to download OpenOffice and found that it took 7 minutes to download 1 MB of 120 MB for the program…at that rate it would take 10 hours just to download. And that’s before I could even start to play with it. It was not worth my time to download. I did watch the Impress presentation tour and it looks like an easy program to use once downloaded.

I did play with Google Docs. I created a document and sent to my daughter to collaborate and make changes. I'm waiting to see how that goes. I also created a document and inserted a photo from my files. It is a very good picture, however it is VERY blurry once inserted. I also sent it for collaboration to my daughter and husband to answer questions on the document. We'll see how easy it is for them to access and revise.

No comments: