Sunday, February 17, 2008

Thing #13

I created 2 searchrolls in Rollyo. One is for US Presidents to see if I could streamline an assignment from last week where students had to research a different president. I found several sites and added them to Rollyo. I then tried a search for Harry Truman and it only searched those in my searchroll and quickly found the info fast. Worked great! Wish I had this last week for students.

The second searchroll did not work so well. It is Book Buys. When I purchase a book, I usually check at least two book selling vendors online to find the one with the best buy. I thought it would be great to list 5 -- Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Follett's Titlewave, Perma Bound, and Bound to Stay Bound -- with the hope that one search for a title would find the books simultaneously in all 5 and I could choose the best buy. This didn't work. My searches only found results in Amazon and BN. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? Did I put the wrong web page for the other 3?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

could it be a sign-in issue for some of those resources? No sure...just thinking. The fact that the 3 that don't show are not generally "genreal public" sales sources might have something to do with your problem. Will be interested to see if you can get it resolved.