Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thing #21

I created a vidcast of sites to see in Rome. It has 8 photos, narration, and Photo Story created music. I tried several times to upload it to this blog at home with dial-up, but each time it failed stating it could not contact blogger.com. So I came to school, downloaded Windows Media Player 11, downloaded Photo Story 3, copied it from my flash drive to my hard drive, and got my tech director to unblock the site so I could post. Again it gave the same message. I spent several hours working on this and really enjoyed using Photo Story 3. It looked pretty simple to post...just click the video icon above, browse to the file, and upload...if it worked. Unless someone can tell me what to do to upload the vidcast, you'll just have to take my word that I did it and tried. It was saved as an wp3 file. This has become frustrating.

3 comments:

VWB said...

gosh, you have been a real trooper working thru all your technology issues at home and school. From what I can tell you did the correct thing and why it didn't load (after you took it to school) I don't know...haven't really done one myself, but I have uploaded other stuff ok...
I'm sure we have some Players out there that can help you thru virtual troubleshooting...but bravo to you for keeping with it!

VWB said...

it is the format...have to save it as wmf, not wp3! you should be able to go back and save as...if you want to!

Anonymous said...

I tried going back and saving it with wmf, but only the wp3 extension was available in file type. So I just typed .wmf on the end of the file name and it saved. I then tried reposting it and got the error message again. And I just got high-speed internet yesterday, so that isn't the problem. What did I do wrong?