Monday, August 3, 2009

Thing #8 -- Library 2 Play 2

I cannot believe how incredibly easy Jing is!!! All these years I've been going from student to student telling each one (over and over) how to do something on the computer...in addition to giving them complete written directions. This is the best thing I've learned so far and plan to make many tutorials.

I chose Jing over the others that I looked at primarily because it is the one I've read the most about so I figured that it had to have some good pointers...and it did. Super simple to download. The screencast video tutorials within the help site told me exactly what to do. The video screencast I created was only my second try. I would have kept the first one...but I didn't realize the mute button was on!

My students use a free online bibliography generator called NoodleTools. The tutorial I created shows them how to create a free account. New User Registration on NoodleTools. I plan to create other short ones on creating citations for a book, database, web site, etc.

I linked the title to the Screencast.com link. I also followed the directions and created a new button to embed the html code into my blog, but I can't figure out how to find the code from the video in history. I know the tutorial in Jing said it is now on my clipboard, but I don't know how to access my clipboard. Can somebody help me?

I went to this site How to Find a Clipboard Viewer and got this shortcut on my desktop. It will show the embed code but it will not allow me to copy it. What am I doing wrong?

No comments: