Saturday, January 26, 2008

Thing #6

Try as I might to understand about mashups while reading the information, I'm just not techno savvy enough to understand them...it was like reading another language!! Regardless, I did explore the suggested sites and play around with them. CD cover in FD Toys I really liked and can use for most any CD I create. I really liked the look of movie poster and thought we might could use it during Teen Read Week. Students could dress up and/or create backdrops to represent a favorite book, and we could put the photos into movie posters to advertise Teen Read Week. I also tried mappr, trading cards, guess the title, jigsaw, and mosaic maker and just wasn't that taken with any of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the doing is easier (and way more fun) than the understanding.
Take a look at another mashup that we have successfully used for many things www.animoto.com
Pictures + music = great slideshows! The program does all the fancy transitions.
You can see some samples http://alibraryisalibrary.edublogs.org/animoto-samples/